- About Us
Module 3 Education and Peace
This module is designed to challenge the students to think about education and its role in building peace. The activities in this module ask the students to think about the many factors that influence the availability and acceptability of education, exploring the challenges in offering universal education.
Register to download module 3
Register to download Building Blocks of Peace: Module 3 free of charge. he module includes lesson plans, activities, students handouts and access to free supplementary resources.
At the completion of this module the students will be able to:
- Explore the correlations between education, economic development and productivity
- Appreciate the role of education in breaking the poverty cycle and contributing to peace
- Examine the factors that influence the availability and acceptability of education
- Use the Global Peace Index to examine issues of peace within and between countries
- Articulate ways to encourage universal education and promote peace
- Work collaboratively, share opinions and respect others.
|Activity 1: Why is education important?||4x 45 minutes||Social Studies, English, Mathematics, Geography|
|Activity 2: Education for all||4x 45 minutes||Social Studies, English, Mathematics|
|Activity 3: Gender and education||2x 45 minutes||Social Studies, English, Media|
|Activity 4: Making education possible and building peace||3.5x 45 minutes||Social Studies, English, Mathematics|
Login to download free teaching materials that offer a fresh approach to peace education. Register here if you don't currently have access.
The Building Blocks of Peace
Module 3: Education and Peace
Investigate the important role education plays in supporting a country's peacefulness.
Module 4: Peace and Economics
Examine the benefits of peace to business and the economy through an exploration of tourism and retail industries.
Resources for students & teachers
You must be logged in to download resources
Glossary: a useful guide of terms used in the Building Blocks of Peace
Map: a map of the world according to states of peacefulness
Videos: clips from the award-winning documentary, "Soldiers of Peace".
Links: external links to relevant peace and education websites
FeedbackYour feedback is greatly appreciated.